I drafted my year in review post a while back but soon realized that I didn’t want to release it to the public . As part of my goals this year, I would like to try running bimonthly OKrs so I can see how my goals are tracking. To further this goal, I’d like to publish my goals here.
Goals in terms of OKRs
Goals for [Jan, Feb]
Why? I think it’s important to understand the internals of your system in order to become a better developer Objective: Obtain a better understanding of systems
- (!) Key Result: Complete CS140E (1.0)
- Key Result: Read Erlang in Anger & Complete exercises
- Key Result: Complete Nix Pills
Why? I think life is short and one should treasure both mental and physical health Objective: Lead a healthier lifestyle
- Commit and finish a calisthentics workout plan by spending 30 minutes each morning exercising
- Spend time meditating for 15 minutes a day
Why? I would like to use Phoenix during Entrepreneur First(EF). It will allow me to rapidly prototype performant CRUD applications. (!) Objective: Understand web development with Phoenix
- Key Result: Complete Full Stack Phoenix.
- Key Result: Complete Adam Wathan’s Tailwind tutorials.
- Key Result: Ship a mini application every Friday.
I’m midway through the Erlang In Anger summary and I’m making progress in learning Phoenix. I would like to document more of what I’m learning though public posts. I’m apprehensive because the quality won’t be that high but I think most people won’t read it anyway so I should just start. Aside, I also need to catch up on CS140E as I have substantial backlog on that front.